The reason for that, is that the container and all components (mostly the submersed hardware) will be constantly exposed to oxidizing agents, and will corrode quickly!
HHO Generator Parts - Main canister
- 4" diameter PVC pipe with threaded end-caps - this will become the HHO Canister itself.
- I will be experimenting with a canister measuring about 8 inches overall length
- PVC pipe dope (glue)
- RTV silicone sealant (Anaerobic sealer may be optimal)
- Stainless Steel strips/plates - the more surface area the better, and the closer those surfaces are without touching, the more efficient the HHO output.
- About 8, 18-24 gauge strips measuring 2" X 6" will be my starting point, but have seen many 'anode' configurations such as:
- stainless steel washers in clusters
- concentric stainless steel tubes
- Double spiral stainless rods
- folded stainless steel mesh
- even stainless steel light switch plates!!
- Plate separators
- plastic threaded rod, washers, and nuts should work well
- Mounting bracket for PVC canister
- large hose clamps and/or universal fuel tank strap material will work for an economy setup
- Machining/prototyping links are provided below for more high-end, or custom applications
Plumbing (incomplete list)
- 5' - 5/16 to 1/2 inch vinyl/rubber tubing - I will use 3/8" in my references here
- this tubing can be made of almost any material, this will supply the HHO gas to your vehicle's Air Box or Intake
- You may need more, or less tubing, depending on where you intend to mount the HHO Gen
- (2) 3/8" hose nipples with male 1/8" pipe threads - stainless or plastic if possible
- (2) small hose clamps
Next: HHO Generator Parts List - Electrical Components